Monday, October 14, 2013

New Vision Board & New Outlook on Dating

So my little brother got married on August 3, 2013 and it was a beautiful, fun wedding. I didn't get any questions regarding when am I getting married or anything like that, I think people were more focused on my weight loss. Most of my extended family saw me 75 lbs ago so that was enough to halt the questions which I much appreciated. With that I decided to revise my Vision Board and I also realize that I created my last vision board last August which is funny :) But I digress My previous vision board consisted of:

  1. Dating More
  2. Being more spiritual
  3. Finding a Job I love
  4. Socializing More
  5. Paying off my debt (which was hard without a full time job)
  6. Taking steps to obtain my masters in what not sure yet
  7. Visiting a museum at least once a month
  8. Traveling more (see reason on #5)
  9. Planning the purchase of my own place (see reason #5)
  10. Learning German
  11. Learning Spanish
  12. Owning a Dodge Challenger
  13. Singing Karaoke at a Bar
Now looking at this list with fresh eyes and a year letter, it was wayyyyyyyyy overwhelming. It's more of a bucket list then a Vision Board. I think I looked about this all wrong. Rather than putting all my goals on the board for years to come, like my weight loss, I should do it in increments. That is what can I accomplish in the next month to 3 months. Once I achieve those check it off or put a sticker on it, whatever, show that I have accomplished that goal. I think having all of it at once screwed me because it was just too much.  So out of the list I accomplished the following:

1. Dating More - Went on 2 dates which is sad but a HUGE effort on my part since I haven't dated in years. Yes Years.
3. Just started a job in June and I really like it. I'm learning a lot about the financial industry which low and behold my degree is in. So all things considered I'm great for now.
5. Starting doing this 2 weeks after starting my job. One credit card down, 3 to go and 1 car bill. I won't even broach the subject that is my school loans.
7. I have gone to a few museum and gallery openings each month so I'm proud of myself there. Haven't done so in August. Will correct that soon.

And that's it folks. Kinda of disappointing but now I'm looking at it completely differently. Below is my BRAND NEW AND SHINY Vision Board:

  1. Being More Spiritual
  2. Completing my first 10K
  3. Celebrating my birthday in NYC 2014
  4. Reading books I own 
  5. Reading the the whole Bible
  6. Learning to ride a Bike
  7. Visiting the beach once a year
  8. Skip TV once a week
  9. Improve writing skills
  10. Continue painting and drawing
Simple, obtainable. I believe so.

"Prison is in the mind. When your mind is in prison it really doesn't matter where your sitting." I just heard this quote from a British television show "Waking the Dead." A crime show. That quote is so astounding because of the way I've been feeling about my life.

*Note: I created this post in mid-August and never posted it so another blog is soon to follow.

Let the good times roll! and til the next time.

- Loree

No comments:

Post a Comment